IS THERE ANYTHING WORSE THAN FEELING HUNGRY WAY BEFORE YOU’RE SET TO HAVE YOUR NEXT MEAL?
Don’t fight that feeling! Eating healthy and looking your best has nothing to do with depriving yourself of good-for-you foods.
Don’t skip meals or ignore your hunger cues, instead SNACK SMART!
Here are my five favorite healthy snacks! I hope you like them too.
1. BANANA DIPPERS
These banana dippers are one of my all time favorite snacks! They take about 60 seconds to make and taste so good!
- Cut a banana into chunks
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon of peanut button on each banana chunk
- Dip the peanut butter part onto your favorite granola or trail mix
I love having these dippers as a pre or post-workout snack!
2. CASHEW STRAWBERRY CRUNCH
WhenI’m in need of a small snack between meals, I love making these Cashew Strawberry Crunch bars!
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cashewbutter (peanut butter or almond butter would work too) on a slice of Ryvita Fruit Crunch or even some Triscuits
- Top with a little drizzle of honey (about 1/2 tablespoon)
- Add sliced strawberries (or your fruit of choice)
These are filling but still light, which actually makes them a great anytime snack.
3. CHICKEN PITA HALF
Sometimes I’m hungry for something that’s a bit more than just a snack, but definitely less than a full blown meal.
This is especially true after a hard workout!
When I’m hungry but not in need of a full meal, I’ll have half a chicken pita.
- Toast a whole wheat pita
- Fill with a handful of sliced chicken
- Pack in your favorite veggie fillings like spinach and tomato
The great thing about making a pita is that you can prepare two snacks at once — eat half today and the other half tomorrow!
When I’m rushing out the door and know I’m going to want a snack, I bring a bag of Edamame with me.
- Boil a pot of water and add a pinch of salt
- Add in the edamame and boil until bright green (3-5 minutes)
- Drain edamame, season it if you would like, and enjoy
Edamame is packed with protein which is an awesome added bonus!
A lot of people like to eat this snack while it’s still warm, but I think it’s great even at room temperature when you’re rushing around town. Just a note that you don’t eat the shell, sohave someplace you can discard the shell if you’re not at home.
5. HUMMUS AND VEGGIES
Hummus is a great snack because it’s filled with fiber which leaves you feeling full and satisfied for a long time — plus it tastes GREAT!
You can dip any of your favorite veggies in hummus. I like dipping cucumbers, carrots and celery!
You can buy hummus pre-made in the store or you can make your own with a couple of cans of chickpeas using this recipe.
I hope that this post gave you some great healthy snack ideas!
These are all of my favorites. Eating right, exercising and using your Gel-V is the best way to look and feel your best!
Check me out on Facebook for more tips like this!